Sunday, January 27, 2008

Awesome Pop-Up Books

Last month I went to a book signing where Robert Sabuda (left) and Matthew Reinhart signed their pop-up books. Matthew Reinhart has been a collaborator on quite a few of Robert's past books, and this year he came out with his own Star Wars Pop-Up Guide to the Galaxy. If you know someone who's a Star Wars fan, you must get them this book. This year Robert did the Chronicles of Narnia, and he's also done The Wizard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland, and more. They were nice and very patient as they signed all of my books. They asked if I wanted mine inscribed to anyone, and I said, "No, they're for my future children and I don't know their names yet." This is what I tell everyone when I have children's books signed. They thought that it was hilarious. I didn't want them to think I was just going to sell them on eBay or something.

No comments: