Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Crafts

My neighbor across the street goes all out for Halloween. So many people come to see his house that the police block the street off and we get more than 200 trick-or-treaters. I can in no way compete with him, but the excitement is contagious. I decided to do something fun for my front porch. This idea is from Martha, of course. You cut an opening in the bottom of the pumpkin, and you scoop out the flesh to about 1/4" to 1/2" thick. Heinz scooped out the flesh for me with an ice-cream scoop. I then marked where I wanted the holes to go with a Sharpie, and Heinz drilled them out with a 1/4" drill bit. I then inserted Christmas lights in the holes, which was hard on my fingers. You stuff the extra lights inside. I'm really excited with how they turned out.





4 comments:

Katie B said...

THOSE LOOK AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie said...

Incredible!!!!!!!!

Post-prison Martha still rocks.

The Bakers said...

Wow! I would love to try that. But somehow I doubt I could get my husband to devote that much time to a craft project, unless we made the holes spell out "Go Irish."

Katie B said...

The ice-cream scoop is a really good idea.