Friday, November 12, 2010

Christmas Nightgowns

I'm pretty sure my niece, Lili, doesn't read my blog, so I think it's okay to post a sneak-peek at her Christmas present. We're getting her an American Girl doll, and last weekend I remembered how my Grandma Haney made dresses for my Cabbage Patch Doll. You can buy outfits for the American Girl doll on their website (for $30) and ones to match their owner (for $60). I thought that it would be cuter, and cheaper, to make my own. So I got two Simplicity patterns and some Christmas flannel fabric (which I am in love with) and made these for Lili and her doll. The bottom hem of Lili's nightgown was plain, and I liked the gathered ruffle so much on the bottom of the doll dress, that I added one to Lili's to match.

Sewing doll clothes is my new addiction. Jo-Ann's and Hancock's had patterns on sale this week, so I bought almost all of the doll patterns they had. I hope I have time before the baby comes to make a few more outfits for Lili's new doll.

2 comments:

Katie B said...

So cute! She's going to love these.

Have you seen the American Girl patterns Patty Young has? She has matching ones for the kids too.

http://www.modkidboutique.com/patterns.html

Shari said...

These are really adorable. I hope your niece liked her special gift.