A couple of days ago I made these book slings for the nursery. My friend Katie made one for her son earlier this year, and I filed away the idea. When I started planning the nursery, I knew I had to make some using the fabric collection I had picked out. The tutorial is from Penny Carnival. They didn't take very long to make, and they would have been even easier if I had used one big piece of fabric like in the tutorial. I realized that my print would show through when it was doubled, so I lined the inside with a cotton solid. That ended up being a bonus because I now have extra of the more expensive prints.
I love the concept behind this, which is that it's easier for toddlers to find their favorite book when you can see it face-out instead of trying to find it from a bunch of spines on the shelf.
p.s. Yes, the bathroom is VERY green!