Thursday, August 7, 2008

At the Beach Cupcakes

I made some Beach-themed cupcakes for Luke's birthday a couple of weeks ago. I was pleased with how they turned out because this is what I hoped they would look like. I first made some little white chocolate seashells that I tinted ivory. I used Magnolia Bakery's Vanilla Cupcake recipe (YUM!!). I first spread on some ivory-tinted frosting and dipped that part in vanilla wafer crumbs. Then I spread on some aqua-colored frosting and put a goldfish cracker in it. Then on the back of the seashell, I put a little bit of ivory frosting on to adhere to the sand. Then once we were at the party, I put drink umbrellas in some of them.


6 comments:

Katie B said...

I can attest that they were even cuter and more delicious than she describes!

Stephanie said...

I was going to say...these look adorable in photos, but nothing near how awesome they were in person.

Melissa said...

Wow, Leah they turned out really cute!!

RD-RC said...

Leah... Very Clever...
Do you have a desert design for Arizona Folk....? Ard

Leah said...

Ardie, I might! I got a new cupcake book yesterday.

Anonymous said...

I made these for my co-workers's b-day today. They were a HUGE hit. Very easy to make! I just used a regular white cupcake mix and then decorated them. Everyone loves them. Thanks for the idea.