Thursday, September 20, 2007

Coney Island

The weekend before last we went to Coney Island. I had never been so I felt like it was something that I had to do. Plus, it was the last day for Astroland. It was in a lot of the news that weekend. Astroland is an amusement park that was shutting down; it was something to do with the lease. Some guy is going to turn it into nice shopping. I think that a lot of New Yorkers would hate me for saying this, but I think that Coney Island would be the better for it. It is yucky and dingy. If they left up a few of the biggest rides as landmarks, I think that would be okay.

We went on the Wonder Wheel, which is part of a different amusement park next to Astroland, and they said that they're not shutting down. The Wonder Wheel is the tallest wheel in the world and was built 80 years ago. It has white stationary cars and red and blue ones that move on a track. Scary! You could hear people screaming. Someone told me that it feels like you're going to slide right off.

So now that I've been to Coney Island, I don't feel a need to go back.

No comments: