Saturday, September 1, 2007

A Mystery Solved

Did you ever read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe growing up and, like me, wondered: "What the heck is Turkish Delight?" When I was a kid, I thought it was some kind of thinly sliced roast beef. Since there was no Google back then, I had no idea that it was candy from Turkey. Well, last night I tried some for the first time, thanks to Economy Candy (http://www.economycandy.com/). This place is amazing. It's on the lower East Side, and it's floor-to-ceiling chockful of candy. You can even order stuff online. And at Christmas, they get Kinder eggs! If you haven't been to Germany at Christmastime, you might not know what I'm talking about, but you should. They're hollow chocolate eggs with a cool toy inside. And they're delicious. Back to the Turkish Delight: It's like a gelatin with some nuts inside, frosted with confectioner's sugar. I liked it pretty well, but it wasn't as good as what Edmund said. But then again, his was made by the White Witch and was enchanted. Thanks to my friend Mike for telling me about Economy Candy.



1 comment:

Susan B. Anderson said...

I didn't know about Turkish Delight either. I am a candy fiend so I have to check out economy candy.
The main reason I am here is to thank you for the beautiful cards and the flower note. Jaime is really the one to thank but I am glad to be included.
Thanks for thinking of me.
susan